Thursday, September 22, 2011

Any Advice?

I hate insects (mostly spiders), but I can deal with it.  And that’s what we’re finding out now.  During my time in Guatemala, I have never seen “screens” for windows or doors.  Homes don’t have air conditioning or heaters, so opened windows and doors are very common, which allows more insects to get in our home.  We can live with it, but we’re working on eliminating them.

One thing I haven’t come to get accustomed to though is cold water.  We seldomly get hot water in the shower, and never get warm water in our faucets.  Any suggestions?  I have not been keeping very clean because it is difficult to bear the coldness.

However, we just set up our water filter (for drinking water), so we’re finally able to have accessible drinking water.  Prior to the filter, the water from the faucets was not adequate or clean enough for us to safely cook with (which was very difficult), nor was it good enough to even brush our teeth with. 

Coming soon we will post pictures of our home and surrounding environment.  If you can think of ways to get hot water for our shower please let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment