Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Chapter


As summer is nearing an end, David and I are also closing a chapter in our lives. We've cherished these past 10 months as we've created our first home together and were blessed by our Indy community. But all good things must come to an end (or so they say) and we have packed up all of our earthly belongings and stored them with our parents. It was a happy home, but we know it's time to move on. Chapter closed.

But a new chapter is already being written. I look back on our short lives and see so many chapters that have come and gone. Sometimes saying good-bye to certain moments in life is painful (I miss my childhood when both of my grandfathers were living), sometimes ending a certain phase is a reason to rejoice (I never want to return to middle school), but in the end each moment is necessary. And, if you're attempting to be an optimist (my never-ending goal), all of these transitions are good in some way. As fun as my college years were, it was necessary and good to grow out of them.

But that's kind of what makes life funny, isn't it? Once you get accustomed to a stage in life and begin to feel comfortable in your niche, life plays a funny trick and it's time to move on. Time to grow and be stretched. Time to relearn everything you just learned. Time to let go.

So here's to another chapter! As we all move through the chapters of our lives, may we remember our loving author who helps us write these chapters with purpose and meaning and love. And may we rest assured, knowing that He gets to write the ending.

1 comment: