Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beautiful Things

In this post you will find song lyrics and a music video by the artists that form as "Gungor" in a song called "Beautiful Things".  I think it is awesome, so I write my own words and inspiration at the end of this post.


All this pain
I wonder if I'll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us


All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
......
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
.....................................
The simplicity of the song really gets to me, and as I listen, imagining that beautiful things are actually made from dust leads me to just Praise Him!  As the song plays, the message of hope and beauty teach me that these beautiful things are not the beautiful things that we allow the world to fill us with.  Sure there are nice cars and fashions that consume our thoughts and money, but it is us [humankind, nature] that we ought to be recognizing as the beauty, because that recognition could lead us to not relying on those worldly beauties, or to not seek other desires outside of our purpose or needs.

I once heard a caller on a radio station share a story, explaining the beauty of God and the beauty of a relationship.  He said, "God doesn't want a clean you [referring to his battle of addictions], He just wants you."  I can't help but feel excited to hear the inspiration and to imagine the impact of the message "give yourself to Christ first, then your life will be changed" rather than "change your life, then you can receive Christ."  When I heard the song for the first time, I thought the line was "you make beautiful things out of the dark" instead of "dust".  This caller's story helped me understand that beautiful things can be made out of our "darks".

No comments:

Post a Comment