Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LEATHER SHOES

Jenny starting a weaving class a few weeks ago with one of the women from a fair trade organization.  We travel across the lake to do the class in her home.  While spending time in her town, we discovered a wonderful leather craftsman, who makes custom shoes and bags among other things.  Leather thrills me.  It takes me back to my lofty dreams of being an Indian, a lifestyle like "Sully" from Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

So I have successfully taken a step closer to that dream!

There is a lot to do before we make our flight back home to the States, but I can't help but think and get excited to the day where I can dress up in my traditional Mayan clothing and leather shoes on the plane as I arrive back in good ole Indiana...the idea of stepping off the plane, completely un-mainstream is very intriguing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment