Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Paca" Brings Us the Best of the USA

Shopping for items can be really cheap in Guatemala.  In fact, there are "Paca" stores, which are used items sent down here from the United States (i.e. items not used by Goodwill), where we can buy random clothing.  I imagine these "Paca" stores are common throughout many "Third World" countries.

But all that to say that I found a wonderful t-shirt, as Jenny was shopping for a dress because we were to be attending a formal event, called a Quincinera (which is for when a girl turns 15 yrs old...comparable to some sweet 16 celebrations in the States).   Here's my new shirt:
I immediately was overjoyed with memories thinking back to the wonderful display of talent put on my NBA star Dirk Nowitski during this past summer's Finals.  And, not only do I respect Dirk as a player, but I admire his name...in fact, I have been known as "Dirk" in my time as well, as a nickname, and as I attempt to mimic his talent.

You tell me...who's who in these pictures??? lol...


I was very pleased to know that a little piece of Dallas, Texas was shipped all the way to Guatemala.  And, Jenny got a nice dress too...

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, you look very pretty and David you really do resemble Dirk haha!

    ReplyDelete