Monday, October 10, 2011

Continuous Learning

I have a few language school classes under my belt...actually I have completed 4 weeks, and I am no longer taking classes (I wish I could say is because I've mastered the language, however the true reason is to save some finances).  I'm hopeful to have learned Spanish well enough to be able to interact casually and comfortably with native speakers.

Continuous learning is a societal challenge, though.  We often get ourselves overwhelmed with our duties or responsibilities, leading us to the ever-so-easy ignorance of other situations, ways, or "learnings".  For example, if we spend a full day working, it's likely that we're not able to stop and think about the struggles and misfortunes around the world...because we can get comfortable with ourselves or our own needs (hence why we might work the full day) and forget about the rest of the world.

So how do we meet (or accomplish) our own needs, while also being presently aware of the needs and situations surrounding us?  Living in a foreign land is proving to be difficult to understand how I can best offer my assistance.  I'm still seeking to know how I can help this community.

I'm pleased to have the opportunity to speak with different words.  It's likely that I'll have the sentence structure or grammar of a 5 year old, but I think I'll at least be able to immerse myself better.  I hope to learn and teach.  I hope to listen, not judge.  I hope to accept, then be accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment