Sunday, July 15, 2012

S of D and Personality Challenges and Q of D

Deuteronomy 6:4-9
"Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.  And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.  And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.  Repeat them again and again to your children.  Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.  Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

I have an introverted personality, so I tend to process things silently and within myself.  This verse passage speaks to me as a reminder that I ought to be living my faith outwardly, which does not always come naturally as an introvert.  If I mix the tiredness of a given morning with my tendency not to talk unnecessarily, then it becomes a challenge to "talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are waking up."  But I appreciate the meaning and the importance shown upon our interactions and shared communications.

I will strive to be a better communicator and be aware of my faith in all situations of daily life.  After all, as a Diamond Commercial once stated, "with every waking moment...love grows."

No comments:

Post a Comment