Monday, March 12, 2012

this is my Father's world...

Lately I have had this wonderful song in my head. I will be walking to work in the morning, or trying to find my way through the crowded market, or just sitting with some kids at work...and in my head I hear...

"This is my Father's world. O let me ne'er forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."

And it just makes me smile and realize even more that all I see and everyone I meet are part of God's world and part of His beautiful creation. For years, I feel like I've worked hard at trying to see the face of God in every situation I encounter. And I now (finally) feel like it's becoming easier and easier, almost natural, to look around me and see His love, His hand, His world all around me everyday and all day.

I honestly do not think I could survive my job here in Guatemala without the grace He's given me to see Him in each family I interview, in each pain I encounter, in each loss I see before me. Every day I come home hearing another exceptionally difficult story of another family paralyzed by poverty. But regardless, I believe that God is in control of His world, that He has the final say, and that He is present in each family, no matter how hopeless it may appear from my viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment